Ok, I know we shouldn't be so excited because she didn't score a goal in a real game, but she did score her FIRST goal last night during a practice scrimmage and daddy and I were thrilled!
Her team was playing against each other and there are 6 girls on a team. Two of the girls are really good and know what they are doing. The other 4 are just kinda out there having fun but not really playing too much. M is one of those girls! She's had a few good runs down the field with the ball but she's never really come close to scoring. Last week during a game the ball was literally in front of her and only 12" from the goal and she was clueless.
..but back to last night... they split the team and they played against each other. The two "good" players were on the same team with another girl and M was on a team with two more "clueless" players. I even made a comment to daddy that the sides were lopsided and it was going to be a joke, but someone how M got a hold of the ball and ran it down the field against the best player on their team and she scored a goal!
Daddy and I were hootin' and hollerin' and M was so proud of herself. She was jumping up and twirling in circles and yelling that she made a goal...
I don't think we even care if she ever makes another goal. It was so much fun watching her last night!
Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me but I do have a few other random pictures to share with you!
Enjoy!
ETA: If you click on a picture below, it will enlarge!
No comments:
Post a Comment