Saturday, May 3, 2008

Not ONE, Not TWO, but THREE goals!

Yes, you read that right! My child scored THREE goals today in her soccer game!

I'd like to believe something finally clicked in her head and she *got* it today, but I know better... I know what works on my kid and the trick with M is bribery... We issued a nice bribe this morning on the way to her game. If she scored a goal, she got a certain candy she's been asking for lately. It's shaped like a baby bottle and the top is a large sucker that you can unscrew to dip into the powdered candy that's in the bottle.

I had one in my purse *just in case* but I wasn't holding my breath. M proved me wrong...

Want to know how I know it was the bribe that worked and it wasn't just a fluke that she scored a goal on this particular day??? Shortly after M scored her first goal, they broke for a water break and M's coach came over and said "M wanted me to remind you that you have a baby bottle for her"... LOL. Oh yes... she sent her coach to remind us that she upheld her end of the deal and now it was time for us to uphold our end. Of course, her coach was out of the loop and is probably wondering why I'm giving my almost 4 year old a baby bottle but I don't care... my baby scored THREE goals!

I should also add that at the end of the game M ran up to me and asked for THREE baby bottles... Apparently, she thought she should get a bottle for each goal she scored... Good try kid!

M's next game is tomorrow and don't think I don't have another baby bottle in my purse!

No comments: