I know it’s been a long time since I’ve updated so I thought I’d do a quick post of random updates from the last two months:
Thanksgiving – was nice to visit with family and enjoy the great food (yummy sweet potato casserole) however, M came down with a 3 day flu bug – no fun.
Downtown Dazzle – for anyone living in the Cincinnati area, I’d recommend going to the Downtown Dazzle next year. I think it runs each weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don’t even know how I found out about it, but a group of us spent the day downtown, spent very little money and had a great time! First, we stopped to see the large train display that Duke Energy does every year (FREE), then we caught a showing of “Ruldolph” at the Children’s Theatre (I think we paid $7 a seat)!. Then, we took a horse and carriage ride through downtown (FREE). After that we stopped for lunch in the Tower Place Mall Food Court (cheap and everyone can pick what they want). After that it was time to have pictures taken with Santa (you take your own pictures with your own camera for FREE). That was followed by Santa, Rudolph and an elf rapelling down the side of a skyscraper and capped off with a firework display. Lastly, they had cookies and story time with Mrs. Clause (FREE). It was a great time, with great friends and as you can see, it was a great price! Macy's sponsored all the free things and we all look forward to making this a yearly tradition.
Christmas – M came down with another flu bug on Christmas Eve. Somehow we made it 4 years with no nasty flu bugs and this year she had it twice within one month. Thankfully, she responds well to fever medicine and as long as her fever was down, she was in a good mood. I think she was able to enjoy Christmas, however we had to keep her home for the extended family get together because we didn’t want to pass it to anyone else.
New Years – I had to work until 10:30PM on New Years Eve so I wasn’t doing a whole lot of partying. I watched the ball drop from my bed by myself. M and daddy went out and had a good time with friends!
Resolutions – Yes, I know, every year we make them and *almost* every year we break them… but not this year. I’m determined to lose weight once and for all. We started Weight Watchers the Monday following New Years and we’ve been doing great so far. I think I’m down roughly 8 lbs and I have 38 more to go. My goal is to lose roughly 2 pounds per week so I'll reach my goal in time for M's 5th b-day in July… Hey, 5 years to lose the baby weight… not too shabby… LOL.
Facebook is addicting. Take my word for it! Daddy always thought I was silly because I like to sit on the couch with my laptop while we watch tv at night. Well, he was out of town all last week and I was bored at home so I decided to join Facebook and play around since all the cool kids do it (hehe) and daddy decided he should see what all the hype is about when he got home… needless to say, I don’t sit on the couch with the laptop anymore because I can’t get HIM off of it… LOL. You know there’s a problem when one spouse is on facebook on a computer upstairs and the other spouse is on facebook downstairs. It’s even worse when they are IM’ing each other!
I got a promotion this week! I'm a bit scared about learning a brand new position, but the best news is that I don't have mandatory overtime the last day of the month - every month! It means I won't miss taking M trick-or-treating this year and I can ring in the new year with my friends and family too! So exciting!
Last, but not least, I agreed to make the department birthday card for each birthday in my department. These will be the cards that everyone signs for the birthday person. I tend to be bad about making cards but never giving them away so I thought this is a good way to get in that habit. We had one birthday last week and we have another one this week. These are the two cards I made:
Thanks for stopping by!
3 comments:
I JUST emailed you about all these updates. I'm so glad you finally posted!!!! I've missed you!
Yea! You're back! I'm glad you're posting again, too!
Oooh. I love those cards! Good to "hear" from you again!
Post a Comment