Monday, August 13, 2007

Wow, what a weekend!

After a nasty start to our weekend (M woke up sick Friday and we had to stay home from work/ school) it turned out to be AWESOME!

We headed out Friday afternoon for a weekend of camping with friends. M was sick but since the campground is only 15 minutes from our house, we decided to try it (since the site was paid for) and if need be, we could head home early. Thankfully, by Friday night M was back to normal and was able to enjoy the rest of her weekend.

Here's our little camper - minus the screen room because we don't set that up for weekend trips. I know MANY people don't consider RV camping real camping... but we do and LOVE it! Who cares that it has AC, a fridge, stove, TV & DVD Player... It DOESN'T have a potty or a shower and I consider that roughing it...LOL


We had an amazing view from our site!


The kids had their own little play tent!

The campground had a nice playground for the kids to enjoy as well!

...and the kiddie pool was a hit in the 90+ degree weather!

... BUT to top the weekend off, I got a phone call Saturday night from my friend saying she won tickets to Reds Game for Sunday and she wanted me to go with her!!! That's wouldn't normally be exciting because as most people know, the Reds stink... but Sunday happened to be "Faith Day" at Great American Ballpark and following the Reds game, the Christian band Mercy Me would be performing a concert. She knows how much I LOVE Mercy Me and I was thrilled to go!

Not only did we see the Reds get their butt kicked AND the Mercy Me Concert, we got to MEET Mercy Me, get their autographs AND have a picture taken with them!!! The picture was taken on my friends camera so I'll post it once she emails it to me!

Here is the band singing the National Anthem!


Look at the drummer with a spiked mowhawk! I'm totally digging it. What's better than a Christian with a bad boy look...LOL

The concert was awesome. I knew every song, except a new one from their upcoming album. Both my friend and I sat there with goosebumps the entire concert. It was AWESOME! They sound every bit as good in person as they do on their CD's. This will NOT be the last time I see Mercy Me. I just might become a groupie...LOL

No comments: