*sigh*
I knew something bad was up when I saw M's preschool teacher coming towards me yesterday afternoon at pick up time with a piece of paper in her hand... I was right. It was an incident report. M has been in preschool not quite 2 months and this is the 2nd incident report I've had to sign. Thankfully, the first one wasn't M's fault. Some other little boy thought it'd be fun to slap her. Aside from a red mark, she wasn't hurt and didn't cry. She's a tough little girl.
Yesterday, I wasn't so lucky.
I got to be the parent of the trouble maker.
Apparently, M decided to bite the finger of a little boy. Back in the day, about 1.5 years ago, M was a champion biter. Her poor little cousin seemed to be her favorite target but thankfully she got tired of the constant time outs and the phase passed quickly. I hope yesterday was a one time occurrence. The teacher said when they asked why she bit the boy she said she didn't know. When I asked M why she bit the boy she said he put his finger in her face. She said he hurt her face and put his finger in his face.
At this point, I was torn what to say to her. The *evil* me wanted to say he deserved what he got. You put a finger in my face and I might bite you too, but the *good* me (who doesn't appear very often) knew I should tell her that regardless of what he did, she should not bit anyone. It was hard, but I followed the advice of the *good* me and told her from on to tell someone who does something like that, "It's not nice" and then tell a teacher.
Ladies and gentlemen, a tattletale is now born!
On a good note, M made it the entire day yesterday with no accidents in her big girl panties! Can you tell I'm excited!
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This had me laughing out loud ;-)
I miss the little piranha!
Post a Comment